Saturday, May 20, 2006

 

Mason Dixon KAL

HELP!! I have a question for those of you who have made the baby kimono with the eyelets. I'm at the point on the first side where I need to work even (not increase any more), and I don't know what to do! I know that somewhere or other I need to knit 2 tog in order to keep the number of stitches the same while I continue doing the yarn over so I have that pretty eyelet down the front but where do I do that? Or does it even matter? Thanks -- Sally (Kinderhook)

Comments:
Sorry I forgot to change the headline. My first post and I'm a doofus sometimes...
 
On the first side, you want to go until the left front is 40 sts, and when you fold the sleeve in half, the front and back are the same length. You need to just knit even a few rows with no inc or YO to get to that point once you have your 40 sts. Boy, I hope that's what you needed, and that it made some kind of sense!
 
I worked the K2tog right after the yarn over on each RS row (once the either front reached the maximum 40 stitch width.)

email me
http://goddess1.typepad.com/i_hide_yarn/
 
Hi Sally,

I also did a K2tog after a yarn over on the right side rows...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?