Thursday, May 18, 2006

 

MDK Felted Boxes


Hi, all! My first MDKAL project has been the felted boxes, which I knitted in three yarns other than Kay's Nebraskan choice: Lopi Lite, Paton's Classic Merino and Cascade 220. I adjusted needle size accordingly, although several were knit on 11s before I learned that Kay wanted me to use 15s instead of the 10s my book specs. Visit my blog for details and another photo or two. I put some through the fulling cycle twice, whether by accident or on purpose. Here's hoping my daughter's preschool teachers are pleased with their handmade year-end gifts of thanks. Now, on to blankets and curtains and the inevitable warshrags!

Comments:
They look fantastic! Maybe that's what I'll knit first...my book just arrived.
 
Wow! The boxes will make great gifts!
 
Thanks for posting these felted boxes. I am interested in trying them, and it's great to see that yours turned out so well. I love the big blue/aqua one!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?