Tuesday, May 16, 2006

 

Must. Use. The. Handknits.


So we did! That's my first dishcloth being modeled by my nekkid child. Quite a little dish, ain't she? I've actually finished another dishcloth but since I'm A) the world's slowest knitter and B) been hit like cockroach with a hammer by life and that pic might not make it up here.

My goal this summer is to do a Log Cabin baby blanket. I have a friend who's adoption dreams are coming true and I want to do something really special. Can ya'll recommend some nice baby friendly yarns? Something machine washable would be best.
Anyway, I love seeing what everyone is doing and hope to contribute tons more.

Comments:
My favorite baby yarn is Rowan's All Season's Cotton. It's aran weight so knits up quick. Washes and wears very well. My son is now using the blanket I made for my 3 yr old and it still looks great. I think Rowan can be pricey in the States though (I'm in the UK).
 
LOVE IT!

I'll have to toss some in with the kids, I hadn't thought about that. :-)
 
Isn't she a cutie. The washcloth too :)
 
I really like Bernat Cotton Tots. It comes in solids and varigated colors that "pop" a little more than your typical baby yarns. I'm pondering a grape kimono for a coworker who is expecting this fall.
 
Too funny!! Hit like a cockroach! Ha!
Know that feeling, unfortunately! Here's to Jack Daniels and Zoloft!

Ang
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?