Wednesday, May 10, 2006

 

What is it?


I was bowled over by Kay's incredible miter blanket in MDK, but I quaked at the thought of all that sewing up. And the ends to weave in....yikes! I am way too lazy for all that! So, as I share in the "Give 'em hell spirit of just picking up the needles and making stuff", I cast-on 41 stitches with a size 6 circular and started making miters!
As you can see from the photo, I'm picking up stitches from prior squares to join as I go, and using three different colorways of a self-striping yarn, so the yarn is doing all the work. I changed direction on my second row to combat the natural slanting of the miters so my piece is more square. I'm blissfully happy knitting away on this, I just don't know what it is! Thought I'd turn to my MDK-KAL sisters to get some suggestions. Anybody out there get a strong vibe on what this knitting wants to be? I asked it nicely, but it ain't talking!

Comments:
What's the yarn? will it felt? I could see a felted bag.

I also see a vest....

very nice, I like the variation on the theme -- the miters don't line up into multi-squares.
 
I agree with dorothy. Even if it doesn't felt, make a bag. I have a felted mitred square bag that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! I found the pattern here: http://home.pacbell.net/
kapleo/blog/domesticspherepatterns.html
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?