Friday, June 09, 2006

 

GREAT Sale on cotton yarn

Uh oh! I have good news (or bad, maybe, for those who can 't resist a yarn sale). I went into AC Moore today, to look for a particular knitting book, which I did not find. HOWEVER, right there in the center aisle, in front of the yarn section, was a SALE BIN of 100% cotton, in one lb. bags. They were labeled "factory mill ends", and had no brand name, but looked suspiciously EXACTLY like Sugar and Cream. It says "product of USA, packaged in Canada". I got 3 packages, , matching exactly, the S&C Pretty Pastels, Summer Splash, and Marble Print. What a DEAL for $5 per bag!!!

Comments:
Where do you live?
What a find.
 
I live in NC, found this in the Durham AC Moore. Hoping this is a nationwide happening!
 
Oh man, if this is nationwide... My credit card is in trouble!
 
After reading your post, I popped out to our local AC Moore here in Nashua, NH.

They had a dump bin of Mill End yarns back in the knitting department as always, but not a scrap of cotton in it. All acrylic, just the same as ever.

I'm guessing it's a matter of random chance which stores get which yarns.
 
Though I didn't score any cotton mill ends, I did at least pounce on 12 balls of Sugar 'n Cream at the $1 sale price. :)
 
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately, where I live in CA, we don't have any AC Moore's :( But, for those of you who are in the same boat as I am} I was in Joanne's this past week and certain colors of Peaches & Creme were on sale for $1. Unfortunately, they were out by the time I got there.
 
I will be very close to an AC Moore this Tuesday. I will have to pay them a little visit. Thanks for the tip!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?