Monday, June 19, 2006

 

I'm done!

















I finished my log cabin blanket for our porch. My husband has staked his claim to this one, because he says it seems "more masculine" than some of the throws and blankets I've made. He may have to fight my daughter for it though, until I finish her Moderne Teen blanket! The finished size of this one is 53" x 63" approximately, and for those who didn't see my in-progress postings, it was made of Plymouth Fantasy Naturale cotton. It is a very heavy blanket now that it is completed, but no one here seems to mind.

Comments:
this looks great! congrats on finishing!
 
Beautiful! I love the colors.
 
It's beautiful - congratulations on making it so fast. The colors are perfect.
 
Wow! That is stunning. Congrats :)
 
Gorgeous!
 
Really beautiful! I plan on making one for my MIL for Christmas, I just hope I have the fortitude to stick it out to the end!
 
Beautiful. I love the way you put the colours together.

Aara
 
This looks great! Congrats on finishing!!
 
Okay, so somebody else already said WOW! It is beautiful and huge! It will be the conversation piece of your porch!
 
Beautiful. The colors are gorgeous together. Congrats on finishing it.
 
Breathtaking!!!!
 
that's incredible! how many skeins did you use?
 
Gorgeous colors. Just beautiful. Congratulations on finishing this! --Sally
 
Nicole,I'm not sure anymore how many skeins I used. I bought some, returned some after I decided for sure on which colors I would emphasize, and now that I'm done, I have a couple more to return. It wasn't so bad cost-wise, because this yarn is a heavy-weight cotton that knit to a larger scale.
 
Your blanket looks like ART! Congratulations on finishing it!
 
That is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love the colors :)
 
What a lucky porch!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?