Thursday, July 20, 2006

 
Hi everyone I'm new but I've been lurking this blog for a long time! I love seeing everyone's finished projects, I bought the book a few weeks ago and love it. I have a question for everyone that has worked on the dish towel. I'm using Euroflax linen and had to go down to size 3s and it still seems loose. Does the linen relax and kind of fill in the gaps when you wash it? I know I'm supposed to "trust" the yarn but it is SO stiff! 'll post a picture when I get a little further along. Thanks everyone!

Comments:
Hi. I used the recommended needles.

It did turn out somewhat loose, but I don't mind at all (it isn't as if the holes are large enough for fingers to poke through) and I think that is the nature of the beast. Linen just isn't as sproingy as either wool or cotton, so the fiber doesn't puff out to fill in the holes. I think if you managed to get the knitting tight enough to eliminate most of the holes, you'd also lose the nice drape of the fabric the linen brings.
 
I used 4 and I was very tempted to use a 3 but I think it will be ok.

Yes trust the yarn. I haven't washed mine yet but my LYS had a swatched that had been washed several times and it was much softer.
 
Great, thanks for your help, I'm on vacation right now, should have plenty of knitting time in the 10 hr ride back home so I'll post a pic when I get back!
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
I'm using size 5, and I'm happy with it. I think there's probably a reason why it's knit rather loosely. Anonyknits is probably right: it has something to do with the drape of linen fabric. Good luck & happy knitting!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?