Thursday, July 13, 2006

 

HollYarns Noro Squares


In answer to Stephanie's questions :
I am using a size 7 needle, casting on 55 stitches. I purl the first row. On the second, I slip a stitch knitwise; knit 26 stitches, slip 1 stitch knitwise, k2tog, psso; and knit the final 26 stitches. Doing it with this many cast-on stitches, I am able to usually get 3 squares out of each ball of Silk Garden. However, there is little or none left from each skein and so I am unsure as to how I am going to seam up the blanket. I have been tossing around the idea of seaming it with thin gauge fishing line--but really have no idea if that'll work. I am also considering ordering another skein of each color to make more squares and leave a sufficient amount over for seaming.

Above is my latest Noro square (sorry about the lighting--it was late in the evening).
Holly of HollYarns

Comments:
Thanks for the info Holly. They sure are pretty blocks.
If it were me I would buy more yarn for the seaming.
 
Thanks for the input, Stephanie. I am leaning in that direction as well
 
Don't seam with fishing line. The fishing line will be stronger and more abrasive than the Noro and over time will literally saw through the yarn. You usually have to seam with something similar to the yarn you are using. How about a skein of Silk Garden Lite for seaming.
 
Doh! Good point, Stephanie! Definitely won't use the fishing line!
 
I really love the color of this particular square; would you by any chance be able to say which color it is? (I saw your noro square purse on your blog, and I might like to make one too, it's gorgeous...)
 
I think--but I am not certain as this is yarn from my stash and I lost the tag--that this is #226.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?