Thursday, July 27, 2006

 

Nine patch bathmath, halfway done – and a kimono question




After I made my first ninepatch dishcloth, I couldn’t get the idea of a ninepatch quilt out of my head. Or, as it turns out, a ninepatch rug/mat for a blue and white bathroom. More photos and the process so far on my blog.

Also – has anyone used Cherry Tree Hill North Country Cotton for the kimono yet? I found a hank of Wild Cherry in a sale basket this week – gorgeous colors! – any advice? Thanks, Kelly.

Comments:
That looks great, are you using double strands or single??
 
Totally digging the bathmat.........now I have another new idea in my silly little head!!
 
That looks great! What a wonderful idea. The colors that you are using look very nice.
 
Thanks, everybody. Stephanie, to answer your question: it's single strand, so it is pretty thin. I'm thinking that, since it's for the kids' bathroom, the thinness would make it easy to wipe up the floor after they're out: a hybrid bathmat/towel.

And given that the bathmat was inspired by nine patch quilts, it's easy to imagine doing this as a baby blanket instead!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?