Tuesday, July 18, 2006

 

Thai Twist Kimono





Hi Ya'll --

Greetings from another Southern Knitter (although I hail from the 'other side' of the Mason-Dixon Line!).

I love children's books just as much as I love knitting. For the past couple of years, I've tried to pair a book with a knitted gift. Usually, this takes some planning. This time, it just sort of happened.

I was knitting up the Baby Kimono using Blue Sky All Natural Alpaca for a friend's soon-to-be-born babe. The Dad is of Thai decent so I thought it would be a cool gift. As I was knitting the kimono, my daughter was reading "Hush: A Thai Lullaby" by Mingfong Ho with pictures by Holly Meade. I realized this would make a perfect combination to give the family!

I'm having a fantastic time with this book! I'm plotting my next project now ....

Peace, Mary

Comments:
That is the neatest idea - I really like that! Combining a book with a knitted gift is my kind of gift!
 
Great idea I might have to try that!
 
Beautiful kimono. And sweet idea.
 
I love the idea and your kimono is so beautiful and elegant. I think I'll try the kimono out in different yarns. Thanks for the inspiration.
 
That's a wonderful gift idea!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?