Saturday, August 05, 2006

 

(Slightly crazy) idea up for adoption



What? A mitered ballband. (I've slipped half of it onto a second needle to show the miter - it belongs on the vertical one, ready to start a new row.)

I began by folding a finished ballband like this:



to get a sense of what it would look like to have the ballband stripes bent into a miter. I made it as far as starting the second row of "bricks" when the simultaneous patterning and mitering (the knitting equivalent of patting your head and rubbing your stomach?) beat me. I'll try again at some point, but I'd bet that somebody out there could make this work better than I can. Any takers? Kelly

Comments:
Wow -- more power to you! I would love to see how the finished product turns out (no WAY I'm about to try this myself! *g*)....
 
I think it will look great, but agree that I would need to write it out. It would make the mitres a bit more complex to knit but would eventually become a habit.
 
This is an awesome concept! Knitting history is being made on this site! Looking forward to see where you go with this!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?