Monday, September 04, 2006

 

New to posting... witih question re: Baby blanket

Hi all, I've been reading along for a while, but this is my first post.

I've made several ballbands and bibs, and have ordered the yarn for my first Log Cabin Moderne...

There's a new baby to knit for, however, and I want to make a variation on the Moderne baby blanket. I'm looking for opinions on whether cotton or superwash wool would be better to use...

Also, on the kimono, if I want to make it for a 6-9 or 12 month size, how much should I add?

Thanks much,
Stacey

Comments:
For a baby blanket, I would suggest cotton, it's easier to remove stains from, and I've been told that some baby's have problems with wool because their skin is so sensitive.
 
Maybe you could measure a 6-9 or 12 month size garment in a store for guidance. I've made kimonos for newborns that were 5 inches long (instead of 4 like the pattern says), and at 4 weeks old, they will both soon have grown out of them. I had also added 20 stitches to the width. HTH!
 
I just finished my first baby kimono and tried it on a friend's baby. He is 6 months and it fit perfect.
 
I figure cotton is always easier (and some people are afraid to wash wool, even if you say they can!), but no scratching and no allergies with cotton.
 
Give me link to SEO software (promotion, advertisement, etc.). I'm need it to promote my new e-shop.
Thanks.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?