Saturday, November 25, 2006
Miter Square Four Patch Dishcloth
- Main color (MC): Lily brand Sugar ’n Cream, 2.5 oz/71 g. 120 yds, solid color: Light Blue, $1.49
- Contrast color (CC): Leftover Peaches & Crème yarn, 0.8 oz/22 g (about 38 yds) from a ball of 2 oz/57 g, 98 yds/90 m. Color #133: Shaded Denim, $2.40
- US 7 (4.5 mm) knitting needles (I used DPNs as straights)
- US G-7 (4.5 mm) crochet hook
Pattern: CD Cooper, based on concepts and instructions in Mason-Dixon Knitting book and blog.
1. Make piece 1 (rectangle), starting at the short end.
2. Pick up stitches and make piece 2 (square). Together, piece 1 and 2 form an L-shaped piece of knitting.
3. Pick up stitches along piece 1 and 2 and make piece 3 (miter square)
4. Make the edging.
Finished size: About 9" square
- MC: 1.8 oz/50 g (used 0.7 oz/20 g or 28% of ball)
- CC: 0.4 oz/11 g (used 0.4 oz/11 g or 20% of ball)
- Slip the first st each row purlwise, and then bring yarn to the back to knit. This makes it easier to pick up stitches.
- Right side (RS): Cast-on tail is in lower right corner.
- Suspended bind off method is recommended.
- To prevent holes, pick up and twist sts as you place them on the needle.