Wednesday, November 15, 2006

 

Newbie with first FO!


Hello, I'm new to the KAL. My name is Lisa and I'm a thirty-six year old, mother to five. We are expecting #6 in January. I learned to knit a couple of years ago, though I haven't touched needles or yarn for about the past two years. I went back to school and just couldn't find the time for any kind of hobby at all. However, since I'm taking a break from school now for a while (with the baby coming and all) I though it would be the perfect time to take it up again. I've forgotten most of what I learned previously, so I'm basically re-learning.

Anyway, I got the book MDK from my library and it opened my eyes to all kinds of things that I can make. I never would have thought of knitting dishcloths, LOL! But you always need them...all year long. How fun! So I went and bought some P'nC and attempted my first ballband dishcloth. I'm planning more dishcloths and some kimonos for the new baby next.

Comments:
OK, I'm impressed that you're able to make time to knit when you've got 5 kids w/one on the way. Good job! ;->
 
Congratulations ...on the dishcloth. It looks wonderful!

..and also for baby #6! Think of all the great things you can knit now!
 
I have 6 children also. Youngest is 6 months. We also homeschool...life is always busy..I would go insane without my knitting.
good job!
hugs, debra
 
I only have 3 kids and feel buzy--wow mom of 5 and #6 on the way, knitting is just what you need again. I sometimes feel like knitting is the only accomplishment that stays done around the house. I look forward to it, and I love it. Kimono's sound really great for the new little one. Maybe some bib's and burp cloth's too....
 
yeah for you. I too feel overwhelled with three. My youngest is 1 on the 22nd. G
 
the more the merrier! I have three boys...knitting is my sanity, the kids are my joy!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?