Sunday, June 03, 2007

 

Big Dotty Pillow


Pattern: Big Dotty Cushion from Mason Dixon Knitting by Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne
Yarn: Rowan Handknit Cotton in 205 (Linen), 239 (Ice water), 253(Tope), and 315 (Double chocolate).
Needles: Size 6 clover circulars.
Timeline: A month?

I gave this to my brother for Christmas. Of course, it was still on the needles... I finished it up a few days afterwards, and my mom sewed it up with a denim fabric back that closes with velcro. This pattern was so much fun! It is amazing what slipped stitches can do. It looks much harder than it actually was...

This is cross-posted on my blog.

Comments:
Really nice work! I'm glad to know it isn't really that hard. I might try one myself.
 
I started this 3 months after learning how to knit. It was simple. :o)
 
Very cool. Looks very retro to me... :-)
 
Love it!! You've inspired me to make one for myself.
 
Your pillow is inspiring. Thank you for sharing. Beautiful colors. Slip stitch? I can do that. Thanks for the encouragement.
 
so pretty!
 
LOVE that!! And I love your color choices.
 
Wow, I love it!! I might even make a jumbo one for my kiddo's to use in my living room! Thanks for the inspiration. I really love the colors you chose to use btw.
 
I really love this! The colors are great.
 
Great idea! I am seeing this in punk colors for the basement....tropical colors for my bedroom....great summer knitting about to get underway!
 
Really nice. The colors work real well together.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?