Tuesday, January 09, 2007
IMPORTANT MESSAGE ~3~
Thanks for the enthusiasm & inspiration you all have shared through the KAL so far.
As you may have noticed - Blogger has made some updates to the site. This effects the KAL because our site is HUGE.
This is what it means:
1. The Mason Dixon KAL is on the OLD Blogger version
2. If you are a member of the KAL you will NOT be able to migrate over to the NEW version. You will need to "unsubscribe" to move your blog over to the new version.
3. If you are a member of the NEW version - you will not be able to become a member of the KAL because we're too big (bummer, I know!!)
4. At this time, because the new vs. old blogger version has become so complicated, I will only be able to honor requests to "unsubscribe" so that you can migrate over to the new version if you choose.
5. The KAL is closed TEMPORARILY to new members. I'm sorry I have to do this, I tried my best not too, but this new Blogger has created a very time consuming task of keeping up with "unsubscribe requests" for me & I'll have to take a break from adding new members for a little while .
6. I will announce a re-opening for new KAL members as soon as I'm able to. Keep in mind that to join, you need to be a part of the old Blogger version.
Thanks for understanding, & I'm sorry it has to be this way ~ it wasn't my choice.
Cristina, thanks for all of your hard work.
I understood the issue to be that if you have changed to the new (beta) blogger, you CAN'T join this KAL ... am I right?
Sorry for the confusion....to answer your questions:
Angela - Yes, you can still post & the KAL will remain active. You can only stay on as a member if you keep the "old version" of blogger rather then switching to the new one. I am unable to switch this KAL to the new blogger because it's too big. I wish this wasn't the case, but it is, unfortunately.
Jennifer & Agnes- If you want to unsubscribe, please email me the request. Please provide me with the email address that you orgininally joined the KAL with.
Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer- If you unsubscribe & move over to the new blogger, then Blogger will not allow you to re-subscribe b/c we're not apart of the new blogger. So you'll have to choose between "new version" of blogger OR the Mason Dixon KAL. Sucks, I know. I wish it wasn't this way.
Does that make sense?
Susan - Great idea! If there is someone out there willing to start this - by all means! I think it's a good idea to have the new and old versions so not to exclude anyone.
Stephanie B - your welcome! my pleasure....
Kim - Correct, you cant switch over until you get rid of you memberships to all your large blogs (scraf style KAL is an another example of a large one).
But my other blog was switched successfully so when I post on it, the new features are available. And both blogs are both visible/accessible on the same dashboard - all in the same account.
So I think if you're a current member of the KAL, you can make the switch and you won't "lose" the KAL.