Monday, June 12, 2006
Lots of Stuff!
first, one of 9 washrags I made - I didn't have an kitchen cotton around so I used Knit Picks shine for the first 3. Now that I've used some Sugar and Cream, I can feel how much softer the Shine is - I think the three I made with shine will be washcloths for faces!
This is the first progress of a wool (knitpicks wool of the andes) log cabin blanket. I love this technique. The only problem is that now I'm getting itchy to stop/quit this one and- try my hand at a hexagonal log cabin - or some other shape with more than 4 sides.
And this is my absorba (and my toes!). I'm really happy with it's squishy-ness. I made it for my boyfriend who doesn't have a bathmat. I used 6 strings held together (still size 15 needles) of sugar and cream - I used everybit of 12 balls (even some of the longer tails from my cast on - I needed those last few inches)- but the last two strips only had 5 garter ridges instead of 6. Also - knitting this is exhausting - my arms ached for a few days.
But I love the result. Totally worth it!
I'm also creating a log cabin with the same colors - GMTA - I love how yours is turning out
I used 6 balls to start out - and then as each of them ran out (at different lengths btw), I tied on a new ball - each string was 2 balls long - 2x6=12. Hope this helps - let me know if you have any more questions!
I like your bathmat! I made one for a friend and now I want one for myself.