Tuesday, August 29, 2006

 

Hey Ladies (and Gents) . . . . .

I'm knitting a ballband washrag right now, but that isnt what my question is about. I would like to know if you can use LB Microspun for the One Piece Baby Kimono, and if I could use the same size needles or would I need to drastically change the needle size?? Also would Circular needles be better for this (I know it's knit flat)then straight needles?? The reason I ask this without just checking guage myself is that I dont have long enough needles, I have mostly dpns and if I could get a head start on size diffrences then I could order what I needed. I know that checking the guage is the only way to really know if the microspun will work. Thank you for your help.

S
http://bhuidhe.blogspot.com/

Comments:
You can use whatever yarn you want, just check your guage. Or make it as written and be happy with whatever size it is. It is for a baby. It will fit someone.
I use circular needles when I knit flat, a lot of people use circurlar needles when they knit flat, so go for it.
Have fun with the pattern, it is a very nice pattern to knit.
 
I used circular needles as I found it much easier. In fact I used my Denise needles so that I was able to leave the right side stiches live on an extra cord.

For my kimono I used TLC cotton plus which is a worsted cotton/acrylic blend. It worked great with no mods. I haven't used microspun, but it seems like it would work similar to the TLC Cotton Plus.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?