Friday, October 12, 2007

 

Mitered Blankie - finished!






At long last it's done!

I chose to do the knitted i cord edging and it took FOR EVER!

You forget just how long it takes to put together a blanket of this size (Single bed size!) AND do the edging.



Completed Knit Report


Name: Mitered Square blanket


Pattern:Mason Dixon Knitting


Yarn: Patons 100% cotton DK


Pattern Problems: None, it was a pleasure to knit


Pattern Modifications:None, did exactly as stated in the book


Washing and Wearing:Have done none of these yet but I’ll let you know how it goes


Knit It Again???:I think I will. Those little squares are mighty addictive


Difficulty; Easy peasy lemon squeezy


Rating: 5/5 .. i totally love how this blanket came together


Other Postings Relating To This One: see my blog http://minxxy.typepad.com/ and search the archives


Top tips : block as you go along. I knitted 8 squares (2 large ones when put together) then blocked them as I knit the next 8. Saves on all all that pinning out at one time. Easier on the back and old knees!

Comments:
Wow and wow! It's gorgeous and looks so beautifully made!
 
This is absolutely gorgeous!! It is inspiring me to make one some day...
 
You did a fabulous job.
Congratulations!
 
I'm totally speechless! Your color sense and beautiful work are OUTSTANDING. I started one, then put it away, and now you've inspired me to get mine back out again! Thanks for sharing it with us!
 
That is spectacular! I'm about 3/4 of the way through one of two I'm making for my twin boys room, so I've got a long way to go! Thanks for the inspiration!
 
Oh how very beautiful! I love it!
 
Wow! It's awesome! Congrats on finishing it. :)
 
Oh, this is just terrific! I love your choice of colors. It is really nice:)
Congratulations!!
 
I love your colors. I keep thinking about making this one but don't know if I'd get bogged down with all the sewing. Still, I'm collecting yarns for it.
 
Magnificent! Gorgeous! Nice work!

I am working on sewing a baby size one together right now. Did you have trouble when sewing the "tips" of the squares together? I can't seem to make mine look right.
 
That's great, beautiful. The colors are wonderful.
 
wow, you should be very proud. That is beautiful
 
Minxxy I love the color play of your miters.

You should get some kind of medal for the i-cord border. But after all that work, it's the perfect touch.

xoxoox Kay
 
Great Miters! And lovely colours.
 
Thanks for your comments everyone. I have to have a little chuckle at the ones referring to the colour combinations as I threw it together and didn't pay a lot of attention to the blah, blah, blah of colour co-ordination!

Thanks again for your kind words, I have started another to give as a christmas pressie!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?