Tuesday, September 05, 2006
I ended up using Caron's simply soft yarn for the red and the blue (1 ball), Red heart's soft yarn for the purple (1 ball) and Bernat's satin yarn for the green, yellow, orange, and black (2 balls each). My favorite to work with was Bernat's (no surprise) but when I was looking at Joann's for the yarn they didn't have all the colors I wanted in the Satin. The only thing I would change is making the black outside border thicker. I knitting that as I went so I could carry the black to each spoke and save weaving in more ends. The great thing about this afghan is it was knitted in one peice and the only seam is between the red and purple but I did it with black on each side so the seam is in the spoke.
Now that is done - on to more projects. But my next question is when Ann and Kay are doing a sequel! That have made me rethink and expand my thinking!!
ladybhuidhe at gmail dot com
Thank you for the comments -- I love reading them.