Wednesday, November 01, 2006

 

Stockinette Log Cabin



This is for my cousin's first baby, expected to arrive in February. I started it before they knew the sex, but now they know it is a girl. The blanket measures about 58 by 58 inches, and was made from Patons Canadiana. It's 100% acrylic, but very soft, and hopefully will stand up to the washing I'm sure it will get. The border is the "picture frame" border, but with seed stitch. It needed a good solid border to keep the ends from curling in. I'll see the family at Thanksgiving and can only hope that they will like it!


Comments:
I love the colors you used!
 
it's gorgeous- I'm sure they will love it!
 
That is so beautiful! I must have taken you some time to complete.
 
Beautiful work!

just out of curiosity, why did you decide to go stockinette rather than garter?
 
I "went stockinette" because when I swatched the yarn in garter, it was too solid, spongy and heavy- not at all the weight and texture I was looking for. The yarn skeined felt really soft and light, but the garter stitch and recommened needle size (6) wasn't coming out right. I did a couple more swatches and like stockinette on size 13 needles the best. Not at all what I expected, and I never actually believed I would make it through the whole thing in stockinette, but it was a lot easier than I thought it would be.
 
It sort of looks like a Griffindore versus Slytherin colorway! ;) Very nice.
 
Who cares if they like it? WE like it! ;)
 
Who wouldn't love it, it is beautiful.
 
replica handbags
are alike with the needs of the fashion-savvy. Get affiliated and adjustment her admired replica bags
. designer replica handbags
are the latest addition. Some of the purses and the designer handbags
accord an electric appearance.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?