Monday, July 17, 2006

 

Insidious - just insidious!

Hey everyone, I haven't posted in a while, but I just wanted to share a little incident that happened last week.

I have a new next door neighbor, she moved in on the 1st - I've actually known her for a while, she was living over on the other side of the property that I live on, the unit she was renting was a place she called the "hole". Anyway, nice enough gal, but she tends to be a bit high strung.

So last week I get home from work, and am sitting outside in the courtyard. She comes out and joins me. Turns out that she just got fired from her job, and two good friends of hers had dumped her. Poor thing. So we're talking, and I'm being sympathetic, and agreeing that I'm sure it's a rough situation. After a while she says that she was wondering if she bought some needles, and some yarn, maybe I'd be willing to teach her how to knit.

Well - seeing as how I've been knitting a long time, I have a gazillion needles and a monstrosity of stash, I said not to worry about it, and I'd get her started right away. So we go into my house and start shopping in my stash, we find a nice thick wool single in greens and blues, and a pair of Addi Naturas.

Now I don't know about the rest of you - but when I start teaching someone how to knit - I sit right next to them and cast on with another pair of needles and my own yarn. So there we sit, me casting on right next to her, of course I'm just casting on over and over - she's making a headband, so she cast on 20 stitches. I start teaching her how to actually knit - still sitting next to her knitting away - she's getting it!

She finally decides to go home, and I'm sitting there looking at basicall a good size rectangle of garter stitch thinking - OK I can rip this out and wind it back to the ball - but it's actually kind of nice... But what in the world am I going to do with it? I spy my M-D Knitting book hiding in the corner. I flip through it, thinking maybe we can use one of the projects from there for my neighbor, the brand new knitter...

Like I said - insidious - just insidious!

Give me land, lots of land - and I will cover it with garter stitch... sigh.

Have fun!

Abi

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?