Thursday, August 10, 2006
I finally finished my baby blanket and am happy to present it's picture to you!
Obviously I made some alterations to the layout that Ann and Kay give in the book. I only did about 16 ridges for block 9 and didn't include block 10 at all. This is due to the fact that the blanket was growing very rapidly! I used Caron Simply Soft and size 8 needles. I forgot to measure it before I gave it away (oops!) but I think that it is probably close to 36"x24".
I am thinking that I have enough yarn left over (I started out using 2- 3 oz skeins of each color, but had to buy some extra) that I can make a traditional log cabin blanket if I include another color.
I learned lots on this project and even though it's not "perfect" I really enjoyed making it and giving it away!
That is one lucky baby
Love what you've done. It's really nice.