Sunday, September 03, 2006

 

Hello from N.J.!

I've been lurking here for a while and decided it was finally time to join. This is my first knitalong ever, and I'm excited to be a part of it! The projects I've been seeing here are beautiful and inspiring.

Here's my first Log Cabin (mug added for scale). It'll be a throw, eventually. I really like the pattern; it's easy, and it has turned me into a pro at picking up stitches.

I'm knitting it from stash. The blue and red are the Highland Wool from elann.com, and the purple, black and burgundy are Patons Classic Wool. The red isn't nearly as bright in person as it is in the photo; it's a deep red that works nicely with the other colors.



More to come, especially after I get my shipment of Peaches & Creme from Annie's Attic! My best friend is pregnant with her second child, and I think a kimono may be in order. Maybe two.

Comments:
Beautiful! Looks very Amish-like. I love it.
 
I love it, the colors are beautiful. would look great in my house!

I'm form NJ originally, Trenton area.
 
Hi, knittingjones and Joanni! Thanks for the lovely comments. :)

Joanni: I'm in Jersey City. I'm not from here originally, but most of my mom's whole family hails from Ocean County (Toms River/Pine Beach). So in a way, N.J. is "home" to me.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?