Monday, June 19, 2006

 

My first M-D FO!

I'm a long time lurker, first time posting. You have all created such wonderful items from the book! I have checked out the book from the library, and of course, my first objects were the warshclothes.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And, as always; I try everything in cotton first- a log cabin placemat.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Now, I just need to muster up the courage to make three more. (I never even make socks or mittens that match, so this will be a challenge for me...)

A couple of things about the washclothes-
1. I love the hefty feel of it in use. Most washcloth patterns I've followed tend to feel wimpy in the dishwater.
2. I feel so smart when my DH says "Wow, honey- that looks really complicated!"
3. I am able to get two cloths out of one ball of ombre background, which I was suprised about- I thought I'd have to switch the ombre to the slipped background color on the second, but voila! It appears that I can get two plus extra solid!
4. I use Sugar -n- Cream, they seem to have more of the color combos I lust after!

My next project is from the MD archives, not the book- the French Market bag for a friend in NYC. I can't wait to see more of the great projects from everyone!

Comments:
I really like the pink placemat.. it's giving me ideas for the baby boom that is occuring in my family right now. It would make a lovely blanket! Great work!
 
Ooh, that's a neat placemat, I hadn't thought to make a placemat, neat!
 
I love your log cabin placemat. I think I'm going to have to make a set for myself. Think of all the color possibities that could go for each holiday or season to decorate the table (Christmas: red & green, Valentines day: red pink & white, Fall leaves: red, orange, yellow, ST. Patricks Day: green, etc...)
 
*giggle* @ abby! I can't wait to see them!
 
The placemats are a great Idea. They would be nice for a picnic basket gift I am going to be putting together.
 
I will be totally in love with the fabulous sporty shoes like Hogan scarpe
. The house of Hogan scarpe donna
is known for its casual-chic sneakers for him as well as her, you want to pick Hogan scarpe uomo
and try it out, and you can opt for hogan donna
along with try it out.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?