Tuesday, July 25, 2006
I realized after finishing this that I used the same colors as the lace cap
hydrangea I've been admiring in Bristol RI. Now I'm afraid that I
might see a giant pumpkin in October.
I used Lily Sugar& Cream and it is about twice the size of the baby blanket pattern.
Every other round, I increased 2 stitches at the points and randomly added a few stitches along the sides. I was worried the border would be too tight since the needle was one size smaller than the the one I used for the body of the blanket.
I'm not sure I'd do the border in the round again. All that cotton was hard to move around the needle. On the other hand I don't like sewing things up. So I guess we'll see. I'm sure to make another.