Thursday, August 03, 2006

 

Greetings and cotton fleece Log Cabin


Hey all! This is my Log Cabin in progress, made from Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece. I know it's supposed to be hand-wash only, but I just liked the colors and the nice squashiness of the yarn too much. I'll deal with washing it somehow! So far I have four 12x12" squares done and sewn together, and I love the way it's turning out. Sewing as I go seems a lot easier than waiting until they're all done, especially since my boyfriend has been saying (only half-jokingly) that he'll be pulling the blanket over to him as I knit it. Heh. I've been trying to stick to a one-square-per-week rate, but I'm not doing very well. Hopefully I'll have a full blanket by January or February!

Comments:
Ooooo, this is gorgeous already! Love the colours. Looks like it's coming together great!
 
I'm knitting one in Cotton Fleece too, so I have my fingers crossed as well when it comes to washing time. :)

Nice color choices!
 
Cotton Fleece here too! A few knitters on the Knitter's Review Forum say they machine wash on delicate, but toss in a product that absorbs any dye that runs in the wash. I think the product is made by Shout.
 
There is a product out there called dye magnet and it will catch any dye that is floating in the wash water. you can purchase it at the grocery store. It used to be put out by woolite but not sure who puts it out now. It isn't expensive and worth the effort if you aren't sure if your finished product will bleed. Your afghan is beautiful. I love the colors.
 
Love the blues on blues colorway. Deevine! xox Kay
 
I've machine washed a top (Green Gable) made with Cotton Fleece several times now, and it's worked just fine. Cold water, delicate cycle, and you're good to go!
 
I oohed and aahed so much over this, my husband actually asked - from the next room - what I was looking at! It's unbelievably lovely. I can't wait to start a Log Cabin!
 
I love the way the colours are coming together on your blanket. It really draws the eye around.
 
Thanks so much for the washing suggestions (and the nice comments)! I was thinking about washing and shrinkage, but dye running hadn't even occurred to me.
 
I am so excited to have found a way to use my cotton fleece. I initally used several colors for one square on a charity blanket so I have a ton leftover. What size needles are you using!
 
Size 6 needles - I'm getting about 6 stitches and 6-7 garter stitch ridges (12-14 rows) per inch.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?