Tuesday, August 22, 2006

 

Tragedy



Usually, everyone's posts are so full of cuteness and I hate to bring the mood down a few notches (well, quite a bit actually) but my blanket has been stalled for a few weeks. Hopefully this week I'll be able to pick it back up again.

So why is it drying in the photo above?

MOLD!

It's true! I lived in a room this summer that turned out to be full of mold! Of course I didn't find this out until after I was moving and my yarn stash and WIPS had ALL been exposed. It's been quite the trial. You can read about the extent of the problem here on my blog and the solution here.

Hopefully I'll eventually post a finished blanket. Hopefully.

Comments:
What a total nightmare! I'm so sorry to hear about your catastrophe. Sending good, dry, mold-spore-free wishes your way!
 
I am so sorry to hear about your mold problem. I had mold in the basement of my house behind the paneling. It cost two arms, two legs, and a lung to pay to have it remediated. Fortunately my yarn was upstairs in containers and was spared. My fabric, on the other hand, was a different story.

Like you, I feel a lot better since it's been gone. I'm glad you're getting things under control. Good luck in school.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?