Sunday, November 19, 2006

 

funky blankie...

Hi all:

Below please find a photo of a blanket I just finished (pre-blocking). It was inspired by the "Circle of Fun" in the Mason-Dixon book - thanks! - with some obvious additions. Yarn is Super 10 mercerized cotton.



As this is one of my first stabs at making modifications to projects, I am quite thrilled with it :-)

I must admit I've become addicted to blankets since getting the M-D book... I'm in the process of making the Nina Shawl x 2 as a Christmas gift for my mother.

Hope this finds you all well.

Regards,

Kristina

PS if anyone here is interested in stained glass mosaic, why not check out my blog at www.tinathegreek.blogspot.com ? (please pardon formatting errors as I am somewhat of a luddite when it comes to this stuff)

Comments:
That's really cool. It makes a fun blanket. How big did the blankie turn out? Great job!!
 
Fabulous!
 
WOW! That is just great! Unusual, and beautiful! NICE!

How big is it?
 
I love it!
 
I love it!
 
Wow, wow and wow. That's amazing. Great work.
 
Oh wow, that is wonderful! I love it!
 
Hi all:

Wow... thank you so much for your kind comments [blushing furiously]!

To answer queries by Danielle and bashirs_momma re. size - finshed size at widest points approx. 37" by 37".

For those interested in how I made it: I did first the centre pie wedge piece from the Circle-of-Fun rug in the MDK book. This worked out to 440 sts. around. I then picked up sts around the circle and did the stripes, marking it at 1/4 intervals (110 sts each)... then used the same short-row shaping in the Circle-of-Fun pattern to do the four "corners".

I had actually thought it would turn out more square shaped... but do like the shape as it turned out.

If you can't get Super 10, I think it would work quite well with the Cotton Fleece by Brown Sheep - although I like the subtle glow of the mercerised cotton.

Thanks again [still blushing]

Kristina
 
Wow! Really great job!
 
Great job, that looks awesome.
 
Pretty!! You did a super job.
 
I love this version!
 
Nice :) I love it.
 
Keep modifying! That is wonderful! cbshiffman
 
Offer pattern for sale. I am first in line for one. Havent seen anything lately that is as eye-catching. Great design,great color, great work! Remember I am first!!Me,me,me...........grumbles
 
Thanks, Lizzie. Pattern notes are put as an above comment in this post. If you want more specific info, Email me and I can send it to you... for free :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?