Thursday, November 16, 2006

 

Dishcloths take over home, film at 11


These are the cloths I'm going to be giving away as gifts for the holidays. I have 17 ball band cloths & 13 mdk cloths plus 3 more cloths that aren't ball bands (they're in the picture--the duplicate bb's are in a bag).

I also have made matching/coordinating scrubbies to go along with the cloths. Some of my family members are getting 2-3 cloths, a scrubby or 2 & a copy of the cookbook my MOMS club had published. I'm also looking for some pretty dish soap dispensers to add & may put everything in a felted box if I have time!

Comments:
OHG, you rule! Look at all those beautiful washcloths. I'm sure the recipients will be thrilled.

By the way, did you use the same yarn for the scrubbies? I'd love to see a picture.
 
Holy Guacamole!!

That's a whole lotta knitting for a whole lotta warshing!!
 
Thanks everyone!

linda---I use s & c carried w/ tulle cut into 1" wide strips (about 6' long) to make the scrubbies.

I've done several different ones & will get pics up on my blog this afternoon.

Basically I CO anywhere from 20-40 stitches on size 10 1/2 needles. K the first row w/ just the s & c & then start the 2nd w/ the s & C & the tulle. Knit until it's the length you want & then BO w/ just the cotton yarn.

Ive done them as squares & also as more of a mitt style (think baby mittens w/ no thumbs). Super easy & gentle on non-stick cookware!
 
Wow! you are really on top of things! I am also going to be making some warshrags to give as gifts, but haven't got it all together quite like you have!
 
Wow--now that's alotta dish cloths for sure!! Should we call Guinness?Give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done.
 
Wow! You've been knitting up a storm. Great job!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?