Tuesday, May 16, 2006

 

Beyond Rat Rugs Comment Reply

In regards to my Queen-size Log Cabin Blanket, Cindra asks, "What size needles are you doing this on?"

US Size 6. I started with some Bryspun straight needles, and I've moved on to a 29" Inox circular. By the time I'm done, though, I'll have to switch over to a 60" Addi Turbo.

Size 6 is giving me a good density to the knit, while retaining a modest amount of stretch.

And Monika - no, I'm not afraid of colors. In fact, I almost always plan a multi-color project by picking a selection of colors that work together - then finding one that I call the "surprise" color, the one that sort of doesn't go with anything else, or that shocks the eye a bit when you see it. The resulting mix has a nice harmony, yet is exciting to look at.

The surprise color in the Log Cabin Blanket is the solid orange. I use it in the center square for a bright focal point. Then, because it draws the eye so strongly, I'm only using the solid orange in the rotation about half as often as the other colors in the blanket.


Comments:
All hello!
I want to insure my brand new auto. Offer was pleasant buy car insurance online WALL. Can, know something such as it, but is cheaper.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?