Sunday, May 21, 2006

 

Ordering from Elmore-Pisgah

So, I couldn't resist. I saw the website address for Elmore-Pisgah, makers of Peaches and Cream, and went for it. I really really wanted cones, but the only place that sells them anywhere around here is Wal-Mart, which is not exactly close and gives me the heebie-jeebies to go in.

So, I call E & P up on the phone. The woman who answered was really sweet, but we had some communication difficulties, seeing as she was definitely far south of the M-D line and I'm from the far West end of the country. Still, she was incredibly polite and nice to talk to.

If you order six cones or more, the price goes down to 6.64...so, of course, I did.

I neglected to think about the shipping ramifications for six pounds of yarn, which ended up making this not quite the steal it seemed. E&P won't tell you the shipping cost on the phone; you don't know exactly how much it is costing your credit card until the box arrives. When mine did, a few days later, I found that I'd paid about two dollars shipping per pound of yarn. Still, not a bad price for the amount of yarn and just the right colors you wanted, but I would hesitate to order from them unless you live close to Nawth Caruhlina, or at least east of the Mississippi.

One of my cones was not the color I had ordered (I chalked this up to the communication difficulties previously menitoned) but it's a color I'll use anyway and I was too lazy to send it back. One of the ombres was also way, way more garish than the photo on the website indicated...but they say the stuff fades, so hopefully they will be useable without sunglasses soon.

Comments:
Thanks for the heads-up on the shipping with E-P. Wal-Mart also gives me the heebie-jeebies, but worse than that I can't even FIND one near our (new) home. SO--I will likely be stuck ordering direct, since I can't find the P&C anywhere else either.
 
YOU CAN NOW ORDER ONLY 1 CONE FROM EP AND GET IT FOR 6.64. THEY HAVE AN ONLINE SHOPPING CART AND YOU CAN SEE WHAT THE SHIPPING CHARGE IS WHEN YOU PLACE YOUR ORDER
 
Coach Purses
can easily find stores in major shopping malls. These Coach Luggage
are very expensive parts. If you are on these efforts lucked people who never owned a Coach Hamptons
, then this book will bring you joy package of. Have you heard Coach Legacy
coupon name?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?