Friday, August 11, 2006

 

What To Do If You Can't Knit?

Well, spin, of course!

Earlier this week, the orthopedist pronounced that I have "knitter's finger" and should step away from the knitting needles for 6 weeks to see if it gets better. So, I broke out the spindles and wheel and have been happily rediscovering my love of spinning.

Now that DH and I are going away for the weekend, I've packed up my bag of fiber toys to take along. Shhhh...don't tell anyone, but I'm sneaking in some knitting. I have a baby shower on the 9th and the kimono you see on the needles ain't gonna knit itself.
















http://splindarella05.blogspot.com/

Comments:
Don't you dare knit if you were told not to do so! I know, I know, I'm a fellow knitter, but I'm also a physical therapist. Be good to yourself. . . think of all the knitting ahead IF you take care of yourself. . . you don't want to shortchange your knitting passion by sneaking in knitting now while you are to rest your fingers do you? Take this time to plan uses of your stash, look at your patterns, etc. Plan your future knitting. . . be good to yourself for your knitting future!
 
I have several crafting related injuries (CRIs as my friends like to call them). Depending upon the craft, tendonitis flares in several of my fingers and my thumb. I have a difficult time not crafting. And working on a computer all day at work doesn't help the hands. For me, I have found the best things to do are craft in moderation, take frequent breaks, vary the craft, and vary the pattern. I noticed purling causing me more aggravation than knitting. I agree with Denise, follow doctor's orders and then as you ease back into it learn your limits.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?