Friday, May 12, 2006

 

Mother's Day for Mother-In-Laws

Mother's Day is tomorrow. I have yet to get ANYTHING for any of the mothers in my life, but the gift I am stressing over the most is the one for my mother-in-law. I'm thinking about making her a fancy washrag in white and a goldish/ mustardy color from my stash (I'm not going to go buy MORE Peaches 'n' Cream for my MIL, I have enough thank-you very much).The bobble band is going to be the goldish as well as the center, with the majority of the cloth in white. I may gather it with a gold ribbon from my sewing box. I haven't gotten that far yet. Yes, there will be soap-a-plenty and a picture of the wonderful grandchild, but I'm afraid that she will hate the colors and that this will overshadow the other part of the gift. She's just. . . that way.

I've frogged both attempts at the log cabin for my daughter. The squares are coming out very lumpy and gross looking. I want this blanket to be something that she gives to her first born and so on and so on until the end of time; not something she looks at when she's a mother-to-be and shudders. Is anyone else having this problem? BTW, Cindra, that blanket is going to be GORGEOUS. The effect of the ribbon is very lovely. ^_^

Off to find a non-broken size 8 circular. Wish me luck.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?