Wednesday, July 12, 2006

 

Absorba, jr!


Well, the beginnings of one anyway. Not the best picture but it is late and I was too lazy to turn a light on. This is 4 strands of Peaches and Creme. Two strands are a solid sage green and two are a varigated light tan, white and sage green. It is going to be for the kitchen, I think or maybe by the front door. Both areas are sage and cream and tan.

The only thing I don't like is my cast on edge. I used long tail and when I knit the first row, it actually made a stockinette row, instead of a garter ridge. I think if I make another one, I will purl the first row after my long tail cast one. Other than that, this is just plain fun!

Comments:
If you purl the first row - then the next row you knit will still give you a stockingette section.
 
I ended up with the stockinette section because of the long tail cast on, I think. The first knit row made a stockinette section with the cast on.
 
right... but then you'll have to continue purling EVERY row or you'll end up with a stockinette section wherever you switch to knitting...
 
so...should I not use longtail cast on? Would backwards loop work better?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?