Thursday, August 24, 2006

 

Has anyone made the Bubbly Curtain?

Hello, all. I think I'm ready to start on a custom Bubbly Curtain for my back door. I think the window is about 2.5 ft wide and 5 or 6 feet long. Yeah, I know, I'm setting myself up for monotony. But as A&K would say, no project is too ambitious if you crave the result enough.

Has anyone made a Bubbly Curtain for a window that big? Was it saggy even after starching? I may decide to make a Target run and save the bubbly pattern for a smaller window.

Comments:
I'm making one, too. I will post the picture as soon as I'm added to the KAL list. My window is not quite that large, though. I like the results I'm getting from the Euroflax. However, remember when you're making this, that the 18-stitch repeat in the pattern is actually shown as 17 stitches. You'll have to add a knit stitch at the end of each pattern repeat to get the bubbles to line up. :) I learned the hard way.
 
No, but I want to know, too. Enquiring minds, and all that. I live in condo built in the 1920's and that's almost the exact dimension of my bathroom window. I've been holding the same inner debate you are! Keep us updated.
 
I tried, but after the third time my peaches and creme fell off the needles and collapsed into noodleness I frogged and went back to knitting a log cabin afghan
 
I made one about 2.5 wide and 4 feet long. I used knit pick cotton and it worked great.
 
Thanks for the info and tips, everyone! Especially that bit about the pattern. If the mystery yarn from my stash doesn't seem to be working I'll try knit picks.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?