Monday, July 17, 2006

 

First Square Finished

I started my own log cabin afghan this weekend. I have one square finished. I can tell that this is going to take a long time for me to complete. But it is an easy to follow item and I'll do this in front of the TV with no problem.

I can't wait to have enough squares knitted up to start laying them out in different arrangements to see what looks best.

This square is 9.5 inches wide and long. I never did the math to figure out what size the end results will be. I'll just keep knitting until I run out of yarn. I'm using Mission Falls Cotton. There are 13 colors counting the center square of black. I plan on knitting a border around the whole thing to finish it off.

Comments:
I can tell you that the shuffling of squares gets very addictive! Looks great so far.
 
That Mission Falls cotton adds such an interesting texture. I've only used it for baby hats so far, but I like your blanket.
 
I have some Mission Falls that I could never figure out what to do with......thanks for the idea, I didn't think it would make up so well.
 
lovely yarn choice... I just love Mission Falls colors, I knit a couple pairs of fingerless gloves last year out of the wool. Have also made some plain old dishcloths with the cotton too. I Can't wait to see your progress on this blanket. I'm with you...I usually skip the math part.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?